I am first and foremost an ecologist working to promote the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. I enjoy finding solutions to problems on this site that I otherwise would not have exposure to in my day-to-day work.
Interests: Remote sensing, GIS, machine learning, computer vision, spatial statistics, big data, wildlife conservation, and landscape ecology. My work focuses mainly on utilizing multispectral and LiDAR remote sensing for assessing vegetation structure and composition.
"The feed-forward back-propagation multi-layer perceptron (MLP) is the type of neural network most commonly encountered in remote sensing..." Atkinson and Tatnall, 2010 International Journal of Remote Sensing
Top Network Posts
- 68When to use ModelBuilder over Python scripting and vice versa?
- 53Alternatives to using Arcpy
- 34What is the going rate for GIS freelancers?
- 30Streamlining Python Code for Big Data
- 29Creating square buffer around point feature using ArcGIS for Desktop?
- 28How to remove ESRI basemap credits?
- 27How to use directional shading on boundaries for cartographic effect?
- View more network posts →