I am first and foremost an ecologist working to promote the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. I enjoy finding solutions to problems on this site that I otherwise would not have exposure to in my day-to-day work.
Interests: Remote sensing, GIS, machine learning, computer vision, spatial statistics, big data, wildlife conservation, and landscape ecology. My work focuses largely on integrating machine learning with remote sensing to assess landscape level vegetation structure and composition.
"The feed-forward back-propagation multi-layer perceptron (MLP) is the type of neural network most commonly encountered in remote sensing..." Atkinson and Tatnall, 2010 International Journal of Remote Sensing
Top Network Posts
- 71When to use ModelBuilder over Python scripting and vice versa?
- 55Alternatives to using Arcpy
- 35How to remove ESRI basemap credits?
- 35Creating square buffer around point feature using ArcGIS for Desktop?
- 34What is the going rate for GIS freelancers?
- 32Using directional shading on boundaries for cartographic effect in ArcGIS Desktop?
- 31Streamlining Python Code for Big Data
- View more network posts →