I am first and foremost an ecologist working to promote the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. I enjoy finding solutions to problems on this site that I otherwise would not have exposure to in my day-to-day work.
Interests: Remote sensing, GIS, machine learning, computer vision, spatial statistics, big data, wildlife conservation, and landscape ecology. My work focuses mainly on utilizing multispectral and LiDAR remote sensing for assessing vegetation structure and composition.
"The feed-forward back-propagation multi-layer perceptron (MLP) is the type of neural network most commonly encountered in remote sensing..." Atkinson and Tatnall, 2010 International Journal of Remote Sensing
Top Network Posts
- 62When to use ModelBuilder over Python scripting and vice versa?
- 51Alternatives to using Arcpy
- 29Streamlining Python Code for Big Data
- 29What is the going rate for GIS freelancers?
- 27How to use directional shading on boundaries for cartographic effect?
- 24Creating square buffer around point feature using ArcGIS for Desktop?
- 21Value of a Python programming course
- View more network posts →