Consultant (environmental and spatial stats a specialty), expert witness, and teacher. I can be reached through (outdated but still valid) links posted on my web site.
Twitter: @WilliamAHuber // ASA-P website: http://amstatphilly.org/
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?
For any complex problem there is a simple solution. And it's always wrong.
--[Mis?]attributed to H.L. Mencken by Dava Sobel, Longitude.
Top Network Posts
- 271How to measure the accuracy of latitude and longitude?
- 189Is $R^2$ useful or dangerous?
- 142How would you explain covariance to someone who understands only the mean?
- 116How to understand degrees of freedom?
- 97Bottom to top explanation of the Mahalanobis distance?
- 96Making sense of principal component analysis, eigenvectors & eigenvalues
- 89In linear regression, when is it appropriate to use the log of an independent variable instead of the actual values?
- View more network posts →