I am a freelance GIS consultant with specialities in 3D visualisation (e.g. www.deepmaps.co.uk and animated landscape models for public participation in planning), wind farm analysis and bespoke geospatial analysis.
Previously I have lead a small commercial GIS consultancy team in a large research institute, headed up a team undertaking a massive geo-data processing endeavour of entire country and world-wide data sets as part of an ambitious computer games development project before becoming GeoMatics Manager for the UK branch of a German wind farm company.
I 'grew up' on ArcInfo 6.x and migrated to ArcGIS, while dabbling with Idrisi and ERDAS Imagine. I now predominantly use open source software (e.g. GDAL/OGR, Shapely, PostGIS, OpenLayers, QGIS, GRASS, Mapnik etc.) and highly commend the OSGeo 'stable' to anybody looking for an alternative to expensive proprietary GIS solutions. Other experience includes WindPro, WindFarm, OpenWind, Blender, GIMP, Python and Eclipse.
Top Network Posts
- 25Skill requirements and resources to run a private GIS consultancy/ GIS service providing firm?
- 25What is the going rate for GIS freelancers?
- 24How to read Excel sheet in ArcPy script?
- 17Working around slow processing times in ArcGIS Spatial Analyst functions?
- 17Grid vs TIF vs IMG
- 16GUI tools for PostgreSQL/PostGIS?
- 15Draw lines from points in QGIS
- View more network posts →