I am particularly interested in location analytics, blending Business Intelligence with spatial analysis. Examples include retail/real estate site selection, trade area analysis, customer research, and marketing through demographic analysis.
I use Python for process and workflow automation, database reporting & manipulation, and developing new spatial tools.
I've been a GIS professional for 15+ years, most of which using ESRI tools (since Arc/Info 7.x). More recently I find myself using more open-source tools (QGIS, PostGIS, GDAL/OGR, web-based tools) and ultimately choosing "the right tool for the job" rather than being tied to a single vendor or toolset.
Top Network Posts
- 44Creating drive time polygons using open source tools
- 29Curved point-to-point "route maps"
- 28How to make a spatial view in PostGIS and add it as a layer in QGIS?
- 26Alternatives to using Arcpy
- 25Seeking options for Spatial ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)?
- 23Defining projections for multiple shapefiles in ArcMap?
- 22How to Start Web Mapping?
- View more network posts →