I am particularly interested in location analytics, blending Business Intelligence with spatial analysis. Examples include retail/real estate site selection, trade area analysis, customer research, and marketing through demographic analysis.
I use Python for process and workflow automation, database reporting & manipulation, and developing new spatial tools.
I've been a GIS professional for 15+ years, most of which using ESRI tools (since Arc/Info 7.x). More recently I find myself using more open-source tools (QGIS, PostGIS, GDAL/OGR, web-based tools) and ultimately choosing "the right tool for the job" rather than being tied to a single vendor or toolset.
Top Network Posts
- 55Creating drive time polygons using Open Source tools?
- 35How to make a spatial view in PostGIS and add it as a layer in QGIS?
- 32Curved point-to-point "route maps"
- 30How to select features with NULL attributes in QGIS?
- 28Seeking options for Spatial ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)?
- 27Bulk load multiple shapefiles into PostGIS
- 27Creating polyline-based "heatmap" from GPS tracks?
- View more network posts →